Mahi is an Iranian high school student who falls in love with Heiran, an Afghani refugee on a student Visa. Financial problems interrupt his studies and he has no choice but to look for work. When he leaves for Tehran, Mahi follows him…. but what awaits them there?
Drama, 88 minutes, Persian w/English subtitles, Iran (2009)
Rights & Territory: All Media, North America
Shalizeh Arefpour was born in Tehran in 1970. She graduated from the Filmmaking Training Center. In 1990 she started her cinematic career as script supervisor and has since cooperated with many filmmakers in 26 movies as programmer, assistant director, screenwriter and editor. She landed her directorial debut in 2004 with the short The Shadow of the Moon. Heiran is her first feature film for which she is also the screenwriter.
- Winner of Best Int’l Feature Award, Sguardi Altrove Film Festival (2010/ Italy)
- Competition (Muhr Asia Africa Awards), Dubai Int’l Film Festival (2009)
- New Filmmaker Competition, Sao Paulo Inter’l Film Festival (2009)
- Winner of New Talent Award, Hong Kong Asian Film Festival (2009)
- Winner of the Best Film award, Tunis Inter’l Film Festival (2009)
Cast: Baran Kosari, Mehrdad Sedighian, Khosro Shakibaei, Farhad Aslani, Zhaleh Sameti, Fouzhan Arefpour, Mohsen Mokari
Director: Shalizeh Arefpour
Screenwriters: Shalizeh Arefpour, Naghmeh Samini
Cinematographer: Hossein Jafarian
Editor: Sepideh Abdolvahab
Music: Alireza Kohan Deyri
Sound Recorder: Sasan Nakhaei
Sound Mix: Hossein Maafi
Assistant Director: Behrouz Shoeibi
Executive Producer: Nava Rohani
Producers: Rakhshan Bani-Etemad, Jahangir Kosari
Production Company: Cinema 79 Co.